file New Triton Sevens

• gmwinder's Avatar Offline school
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
    • Thank you received: 80
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
gmwinder Posted 1 year 4 months ago
I just got the T7's a month ago and I'm still trying to find the sweet spot. I'm using mine with a Rega Brio Amp and Rega Apollo R CD. Jazz and chamber music sounds amazing. A friend came round to listen to Miles Davis on Kind of Blue and he said he has listened to that album over 100 times and never heard it sound like it does on my set up. What is a little disappointing is how these handle rock. I just think it needs more bass so now I'm thinking I should trade these in and get the T1's...not sure how much I would lose on the T7's...probably a bunch. I'm going to ask my dealer tomorrow. But reading through this thread maybe I just need to wait for these to settle in and move them more into the corners in my room. Right now I have them about 18" from the side but about 3 feet in front of the back. Looks like people say those measurements should be similar so I will try that tonight after the wife has left the building:)

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Gary
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, HTSME

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 1726
ArthurDaniels Posted 1 year 4 months ago
Hello gmwinder,

I own a pair of Triton Sevens and a pair of Triton Ones. The Sevens are very musical, but do not have much "bass punch". The Ones are equally musical, with noticeable "bass punch" because of the powered sub sections.

If you are using these speakers exclusively in a stereo setup, you can either switch to the Ones, or add a separate sub to your current setup. Either way, you will need to spend time adjusting your setup to get the right amount of "bass punch" without adding just "muddy bass" to your sound.

If budget considerations are not the deciding factor and if you can get full value for your Sevens from your dealer, I would recommend the Ones - or even the newer References if they are affordable for you.

Happy listening,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, HTSME

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 7020
WayneWilmeth Posted 1 year 4 months ago
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Hi Gary,
The T 7s are really wonderful speakers and like you said, Jazz and Chamber music will shine.
That is a very fine setup you have and I am not surprised when your friend gave such praise to the sound.
But I am like you and find that for Rock and Roll, or for full symphony orchestra, BIG music, the T 7s are lacking in bass.
That is why so many mate a sub with them. And that is good, hard to do but well worthwhile.
But you mentioned getting the TOnes. Then you would be gettin' off the porch and running with the BIG DOGGIES my friend!!!!
Seriously, IF you can swing it I would HIGHLY recommend that is what you do. No amount of positioning will give you the bass the TOnes are capable of. Adding a sub, yes, you will get a LOT of the way there.
I went with the TOnes and have never looked back, they are THAT GOOD!!!!
Just my two cents worth, whatever you do, enjoy the tunes.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, HTSME

• Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
gmwinder Posted 1 year 4 months ago
Thanks...took your advice and ordered the T1's today since my dealer gave me a 100% credit on the T7's which was a big surprise. I was expecting to lose a few hundred so 100% credit clinched the deal.

I'll post back when I get the T1's which can't come soon enough:)

Gary
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
gmwinder Posted 1 year 3 months ago
So I am 2 weeks with the T1's and they just keep getting better and better. I keep listening to the Refs when I go to the store and they should great too obviously but I doubt $3500 better at least in my room with the current transmission:)

Gary
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 7020
WayneWilmeth Posted 1 year 3 months ago
Good one Gary, thanks, keep posting, you are on a fun ride.
We enjoy hearing how it is coming along.
Enjoy,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back