file Anthem AVM 60

• nevets77's Avatar Offline school
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
    • Thank you received: 41
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
nevets77 Posted 5 months 3 weeks ago
I'm on the eve of placing my GE order and could not be more excited. I have been reading reviews and forum threads for the last several months and have finally come to a decision for my upgrades. I was originally settled on the T2+ fronts, XXL center, T5 rears, and 2 pair of 650" for Atmos. Although I don't think I would have regretted my choice, I am now in a position to get the T ones for the front and the new ref center,( I'll wait if there is a delay ). I was never able to demo the ones', only the 2+ and It was very apparent to me how much I would enjoy these speakers. There are quite a few forum members here who seemed to be on the fence , not sure which model to choose and almost all of them went with the T ones. The characteristics most everyone describes when referring to the T2's is exactly what I heard with my auditions. Unfortunately , they all got to compare them to the T ones and unanimously agree that the ones are magically better. I don't think I'm taking such a leap of faith buying them without actually hearing them, in fact I expect to be extreemly happy.

Most of my current equipment is staying . Oppo 103, parasound 2205 , JBL 18" sub , but my aging Parasound C2 controller has finally been upgraded to the Anthem AVM 60. I know several members are using the Anthem and I would love to know some of the basic setting everyone is using to speed up set up process. I have read-reread Sandy's tips many times to familiarize myself with some rules but I suspect that there will be specifics to each manufacturers product. thanks for any help or suggestions.
steve
Triton ones , triton 5, ref center, invista 650's , JBL 18" sub, Anthem AVM 60 , Emotiva XPA-5 ,Parasound 2205 , Adcom 555 , clark synthesis tactile transducer,
JVC dla x55r , Oppo 103
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3161
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 5 months 3 weeks ago

nevets77 wrote: I know several members are using the Anthem and I would love to know some of the basic setting everyone is using to speed up set up process. I have read-reread Sandy's tips many times to familiarize myself with some rules but I suspect that there will be specifics to each manufacturers product. thanks for any help or suggestions.
steve

Here is a post from another thread on the topic of using ARC:

First, before we start, we have a huge amount of respect for Anthem's ARC and its creators. Used properly, we feel it is one of the best. Please note, from Sandy's setup tips, that he strongly suggests using any room correction only after the system has been properly setup manually, following the tips and manual. Then run room correction only if you feel something within the room-affected frequencies is amiss.

ARC can do a good job of reducing low frequency room anomalies if they are an issue. It is important before running ARC to make sure the bass level control is not up too high for ARC to run properly. That is often the problem with unexpected ARC results. Best to run the ARC test sweep on each powered-bass speaker and play with the bass level control on each until you get a linear response curve (the low end part of the graph looks similar to the mid and high frequency in level (height) on the graph). THEN run ARC.

A few ARC tips to follow:
- Make sure to force no crossover on fronts and subwoofer to yes

- Make sure to reduce the ARC default correction frequency limit to something close to the room's Schroeder Frequency, and certainly no higher than 500 Hz (the default is 5000 Hz)

- After running ARC play some STEREO (2.0) music tracks with no surround decoding and adjust the speakers' bass level controls to taste. Then, because you have an outboard sub (and/or assuming you wired the LFE inputs on the Tritons) and you set subwoofer to Yes....

- Put on an Atmos track and adjust the Anthem's subwoofer level (which will be LFE track only) as desired

This scenario is the only way we can guarantee the expected results. Adding outboard subs to augment LFE channel bass only is easy and perhaps desirable if movie bass (effects channel) is not adequate, but, will have no impact on stereo 2 channel music playback. If you are looking to add bass to all channels, there is really no solution that involves fully utilizing the subs in the Tritons and maximizing the speakers' overall full-range performance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back