question-circle Pairing Triton 1’s with REL subs using high level inputs

• johnson81's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
johnson81 Posted 2 weeks 4 days ago
Does any one have any experience or input on pairing REL subs with Triton 1’s using high level input into the REL’s?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3352
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 2 weeks 1 day ago
Hi johnson81, I do not have experience with specifically using the high level inputs on REL subwoofers along with the Triton One towers, however, I've used the high level inputs on GoldenEar subwoofers with the Triton One towers (and had great results). Connecting the high level inputs on the powered subwoofers allowed me to adjust the crossover frequency of the subwoofers - so the subwoofers produced a great blend well with the towers. (I found a crossover frequency around 50hz-60hz produced a great blend between the separate subwoofers and the Triton Ones.) I continued to set the AV receiver to large or full range speakers. This way, both the towers and the separate subwoofers received full bass. In addition, connecting speaker wires to the high level inputs of the subwoofers (in parallel) with the tower's speaker wire connections did not put any extra load or strain on the amplifier built-into the AV receiver. When using the high level inputs on the REL subwoofers with the Triton Ones, I would expect you to experience great results as well. I suspect a crossover of 50hz-60hz on the REL subwoofers would also produce a great blend between these subwoofers and towers. Happy Listening!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review Triton Series Pairing Triton 1’s with REL subs using high level inputs