file On My 3rd ForceField 3

  • dgrant's Avatar Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
    • Posts: 9
    • Thank you received: 6
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
dgrant Posted 3 years 8 months ago
#11335
I'm on my 2nd now as well, and this one is busted, so I'll have to get a 3rd I guess. Not sure if mine is still under warranty though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, christo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Moderator's Avatar Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
    • Posts: 2748
    • Thank you received: 3161
    • Karma: 19
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 3 years 8 months ago
#11344

dgrant wrote: I'm on my 2nd now as well, and this one is busted, so I'll have to get a 3rd I guess. Not sure if mine is still under warranty though.


Bad karma maybe?

We are honoring warranties regardless of vintage at this point, just contact your dealer with the serial number and a description of the problem, they will arrange for a free amp module replacement for you and it will be as good as new. Why you keep having failures is anybodies guess, I have a ForceField 3 in one of my systems and it has worked perfectly since day 1 (five years ago) and sounds great. Like many thousands of others. I also have an expensive three year old coffee maker that won't heat the water correctly. Sometimes stuff breaks, unfortunately, best we can hope for is good service and support. I'll let you know how it goes with the coffee maker, bet your service experience will be A LOT better than mine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, christo, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • dgrant's Avatar Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
    • Posts: 9
    • Thank you received: 6
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
dgrant Posted 3 years 8 months ago
#11345

Moderator wrote:

dgrant wrote: I'm on my 2nd now as well, and this one is busted, so I'll have to get a 3rd I guess. Not sure if mine is still under warranty though.


Bad karma maybe?

We are honoring warranties regardless of vintage at this point, just contact your dealer with the serial number and a description of the problem, they will arrange for a free amp module replacement for you and it will be as good as new. Why you keep having failures is anybodies guess, I have a ForceField 3 in one of my systems and it has worked perfectly since day 1 (five years ago) and sounds great. Like many thousands of others. I also have an expensive three year old coffee maker that won't heat the water correctly. Sometimes stuff breaks, unfortunately, best we can hope for is good service and support. I'll let you know how it goes with the coffee maker, bet your service experience will be A LOT better than mine.


Thanks for honouring the warranty. The dealership has changed ownership since I was there, although they do still sell the ForceField 3.

Funny thing happened yesterday after I posted:

1. I unplugged in and moved it to the other side of the room to a different electrical outlet. Suddenly it turned on (the LED at least).
2. I moved it back to the old spot. It worked again!
3. I started setting up something to watch on Netflix.
4. Show started, went to look at the back of the subwoofer, it was turned off, so maybe it just auto shut-off. Un-plugged the power, and plugged it back in again, and now it was back to "normal" ie. not working.

My only thought is that when I carried it across the room and set it down it knocked something into place?

Thanks again for your great service and support so far.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, christo, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Posts: 1868
    • Thank you received: 3863
    • Karma: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 3 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
#11349
I continue to be impressed with Goldenear's commitment to it's products and it's customers!!!!

Thank you Moderator Dude, for once again showing us what Goldenear Customer Service is all about. It's SPECIAL!!!!!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2, HTR 7000 top fronts, Invisa 525 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 7010
Amps: AT525NC 5 channel, Parasound 275 v.2 stereo
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, SONOS Connect
47" Panasonic 3D smart tv
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, christo, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Moderator's Avatar Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
    • Posts: 2748
    • Thank you received: 3161
    • Karma: 19
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 3 years 8 months ago
#11358

dgrant wrote: My only thought is that when I carried it across the room and set it down it knocked something into place?


More likely the power cycle caused the amp to power on (LED to light) but the amp still does not pass signal so shuts back off after a period of time. That's a strange one alright.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, christo, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Posts: 4581
    • Thank you received: 7020
    • Karma: 15
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 3 years 8 months ago
#11361
I can tell you from experience that GEt's customer support is beyond question, the BEST in the Business!!!!!!
Thanks,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, christo, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support ForceField Subs On My 3rd ForceField 3