file Upgrade to the 60C?

• pltan75's Avatar school
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
pltan75 Posted 6 years 9 months ago
With the 60c close to release, and as a consumer, I'm quite interested in being further educated for my upgrading decision :)

Now as close as nine months ago, GE's stance on an improved centre speaker was it would be redundant and wouldn't happen.

Here's one quote from a representative that I could find, there are others around. Please tell me what changed, and what kind of an improvement can we expect from the 60c to the 50c. And please note this is being asked with all due respect and as a huge GE fan.

"Re: A new center? 9 months ago #761
This topic has been addressed on this forum, in our website FAQ, and on various other A/V and Home Theater forums. For a full discussion please review those posts.

To answer your question, no, there is no plan to make a larger center for the TritonCinema system as there would be no benefit."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3208
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 6 years 9 months ago
Thanks for raising this question so we can shed some light on what's sure to become a popular topic. What changed, to answer your question, is the popularity, availability (and pricing) of 60-65" (and even larger) flat panel TV's.

The SuperSat 60 and 60C were conceived to fill the void due to the ever-growing average size of flat panel TV's. Visually, the SuperSat 50 and 50C look too small when used with the growing-in-popularity 60" and 65" TV's. And, with the idea that bigger TV's often meant bigger spaces, we also took the opportunity to make the new SuperSat 60 more powerful by adding two more active drivers. Time marches on.

This does not mean the SuperSat 50C is no longer a good center for the TritonCinema Two, there are 1000's of people who will happily tell you otherwise. It does mean there is a larger alternative for those who want it. In a very large room with the desire for very high playback volumes, the SuperSat 60C will be the better choice as it handles more power at low and mid frequencies. In this very large room/high volume application, the addition of a ForceField 5 for LFE duty would also be a good idea.

• Dave's Avatar Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
    • Thank you received: 5
Dave Posted 6 years 8 months ago
About time, can't wait. My 50c just can't handle the space

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3208
Moderator Posted 6 years 8 months ago
Set the crossover to a higher frequency - try 150 Hz... let the Tritons handle the center channel bass.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperSat Series Upgrade to the 60C?