exclamation-circle 60C Help

• Abell's Avatar school
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Abell Posted 6 years 7 months ago
Last Saturday I bought the Triton Twos, 60C and 3C to replace my old v2 Paradigm Monitor 7, CC-350, Mini-Monitor and PS-10000. I was very very impressed with the system at the dealer but am very disappointed with the 60C once I got home and set it up. It's very lacking in comparison to my old CC-350, it sounds like a forced muffle, not at all dynamic. This is in any DSP mode, direct/pure mode and using DTS Master HD and Dolby TrueHD. These are being fed by an Onkyo TX-NR807 in pre/pro mode with a Rotel RB-985MKII handling the amplification. I have done the following to help all to no avail.
Run without any room eq (crossed at 80)
manual room eq (crossed at 80, 120 and 150)
Audyssey room eq (crossed at 120)

The 60C is sitting on my glass tv stand, and I had it at the back and the front of the shelf without much change. The speakers have been run around 30 hours as of right now. I absolutely love the Triton but this Center issue will have me return them if I can't get it solved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 7960
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 6 years 7 months ago
How does the 60c sound in pcm all-ch stereo with just the 60c playing? I have 12 hours on mine, crossover set at 120. I will say she puts out decent bass. Waiting for more break in before I make any judgments. Good luck, Abell..
Decware Zen Torii mk4 > McIntosh MC152 > Emotiva xpa1 Mono's > Anthem Statement P2 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Morrow Audio > Oppo 205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3208
Moderator Posted 6 years 7 months ago
I have a 60C in my 7.2 system and it sounds spectacular. My local GoldenEar dealer has a 60C in his TritonCinema Two setup and it sounds fantastic. Either: 1) Yours is defective, or 2) There is a setup/installation issue (review the setup information in the manual). I cannot troubleshoot either of those items via this forum. Please contact your GoldenEar dealer for local support.

• Abell's Avatar school
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I think I found it thanks to your suggestion and then swapping the Triton as the C with the 60 being the L and changing from All Channel Stereo to one of the DSP modes for TV. The 60c is fine when it's the L in either DSP mode, sounds great but whatever is speaker is the C when in the DSP modes it sounds like Dog crap, it's almost like it accentuates the upper mids and upper ranges. I think the Onkyo just doesn't do the speakers justice in any DSP modes.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3208
Moderator Posted 6 years 7 months ago
Interesting. I believe there are quite a few Onkyo users in the forum, maybe someone can add.

DSP modes in general are best to avoid, in my experience. Same for Audyssey, at least most of the time. We've had a few users indicate trouble clearing Audyssey EQ once run also.

• Abell's Avatar school
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I tend to use them since I don't care for all channel stereo, or plain stereo for TV. I haven't retested with TrueHD/Master HD after running Audyssey, which I will do tomorrow night. I am just happy that it really isn't the 60c, now just to figure out what to replace the Onkyo with.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back