exclamation-circle 60C Help

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 7960
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 6 years 7 months ago
Do you still have the cc-350? If so, put it back in the system and see how it sounds. If it sounds good, then something is wrong with 60c setup. Don't run out and buy a new processor when you might not need one.
Decware Zen Torii mk4 > McIntosh MC152 > Emotiva xpa1 Mono's > Anthem Statement P2 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Morrow Audio > Oppo 205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3208
Moderator Posted 6 years 7 months ago
Not so sure this is good advice - he's already verified the speaker sounds good when not connected to the Center channel output. It could very well be that whatever EQ is trapped in the receiver from an Audyssey routine "helps" the other center speaker and "hurts" the 60C, since they are so very different.

• Abell's Avatar school
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Abell Posted 6 years 7 months ago
I know that I can do a master reset on the receiver, and I might try that. I can also change to manual and test. I do know that I had to do ALOT of tweaking on this receiver when I replaced my original Rotel pre/pro with it. I think I need to find something that sounds a bit more like the Rotel. That pre/pro had a great sound.

• Abell's Avatar school
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Abell Posted 6 years 7 months ago
Just to give everyone an update, I wound up buying a Denon 3313CI and set it all up and shockingly my 60C problems completely disappeared. Using the DSP mode that I used to use with the Onkyo sounds normal, not forced. Really very very happy right now! And as an added plus the video is actually much nicer as well, learned my lesson that's for sure!

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3208
Moderator Posted 6 years 7 months ago
Excellent, great news. Thanks for the update. Enjoy!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back