file DENON x3800H subwoofer out

• Monroe's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Monroe Posted 6 days 21 hours ago
Hey all, Happy Thanksgiving. I decided to dump my old Carver amp and failing B&K preamp in favor of the new Denon X3800H. Sound is way cleaner than it was before, it's like I took a film off the sound. I blame that on the 35 year old Carver. I'm having issues with the setup of the #2 sub out on the Denon, there is no test tone heard. #1 is fine when either speaker is connected. Haven't bothered playing with sub 3 and 4 outputs. This is my last stop before calling Denon. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,

Jason M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 857
GDHAL Posted 5 days 23 hours ago
Last edit: 5 days 23 hours ago by GDHAL. info_outline
Hi Monroe.

In answer to your question, yes, I have an idea.

First, I notice your post has strike through the font. Not sure if it was/is your intention to delete your post. I don't think delete functionality is available to members. I think only the moderator can effect that type of edit.

Second, I owned a Carver MXR130 for 30 plus years. Outstanding amp/receiver for it's day, and a terrific value IMO. It's outdated by today's standards so good for you to move on to the Denon.

I checked the specs on your model Denon as and it's claimed that all four sub outputs opperate independently of one another. So my suggestion is forget sub out number 2 and try 3/4.

Best

Hal
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• Monroe's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
Monroe Posted 5 days 20 hours ago
Thank you for the reply, I'll try the other outputs. I wasn't sure about the strike through either. Don't want the post deleted. Keep you guys updated.

Thank you.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back