file Sub woofer with Triton Two's

• wweiss's Avatar Offline school
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 127
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
wweiss Posted 8 years 9 months ago
I have a Sony Receiver Model STR-DH720. It has a mode called A.F.D. Auto. It generates a low frequency signal output to the subwoofer when there is no LFE signals. It adds no surround effects.

I have been using this with a separate sub{12inch woofer,500 watts} and have gotten much better low end thump at low volume than 2-channel mode. My question is-Does this mode add any distortion to the bass compared to the Triton Two's by themselves?

2nd Question: I tried the LFE input connection into the Triton Two's and again on ADF mode it was a very big improvement! I would still like to use my stand alone sub for movies. Could I use a second Y-connector and run basically this third sub without any fear of damage? Triton Two with LFE connection on left and stand alone sub and Triton Two with LFE connection on the right.

Thanks!
So much music-so little time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3352
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 8 years 9 months ago
I'm sorry, sounds like a question for Sony, I have no idea what that function does or how it effects the sound. perhaps your dealer can help?

You can split the LFE as many times as you need as long as the remaining level is still adequate (level is lost at each split). There should be no difference in the Tritons' bass performance with the LFE run (as long as the bass management system in the receiver is configured properly) UNLESS the receiver is adding additional bass information and sending it down the subwoofer channel - in which case I have no idea what the actual sonic outcome would be.

I would suggest configuring to yield the results you desire - that's all that really matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Basic Hookup and Wiring Questions Sub woofer with Triton Two's