file LFE Connection -Triton Two's

• wweiss's Avatar Offline school
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 127
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
wweiss Posted 8 years 8 months ago
I have noticed a considerable improvement in bass response using the LFE connection compared to the speaker cable only connection in my Triton Two's. Is there any loss in clarity of mids or highs with the LFE connection? If not why has every review I've read stated that the speaker only connection is the factory recommended connection and reviewers agree.
So much music-so little time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3352
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Without knowing the associated equipment and exact setup I cannot say for sure why this would be the case. That said, we have found there are a few models of receivers that discard rather than blend LFE channel information when the subwoofer is set to "None" in the bass management menu. This would of course have an effect only when there was a ".1" channel in the source material, so there would be no difference on stereo music playback.

If you're happy with the balance now, I suggest you just assume you've got it right for your particular setup and enjoy :) .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Basic Hookup and Wiring Questions LFE Connection -Triton Two's