file which amplifier for the Golden Ear Triton 2?

  • DBouwmeester's Avatar Offline school
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
    • Posts: 3
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
DBouwmeester Posted 2 months 1 week ago
#27119
Dear people of Golden Ear,

About 4 years ago I purchased a set of Golden Ear Triton 2 speakers. I enjoy it immensely and enjoy the sound every day. Really super!

My current amplifier is many years old and needs to be replaced. I am orientating myself to an amplifier that fits very well with the Triton 2. I have already received a number of suggestions such as the "Yamaha AS-3000" and the "Ayre EX-8", both integrated amplifiers.

I approach you because I am very curious what your suggestions are for a good amplifier with the Golden Ear Triton 2?

Awaiting your response.

Sincerely,
Daan Bouwmeester

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Moderator's Avatar Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
    • Posts: 2832
    • Thank you received: 3208
    • Karma: 19
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 2 months 1 week ago
#27120

DBouwmeester wrote: Dear people of Golden Ear,

About 4 years ago I purchased a set of Golden Ear Triton 2 speakers. I enjoy it immensely and enjoy the sound every day. Really super!

My current amplifier is many years old and needs to be replaced. I am orientating myself to an amplifier that fits very well with the Triton 2. I have already received a number of suggestions such as the "Yamaha AS-3000" and the "Ayre EX-8", both integrated amplifiers.

I approach you because I am very curious what your suggestions are for a good amplifier with the Golden Ear Triton 2?

Awaiting your response.

Sincerely,
Daan Bouwmeester


Both units you mentioned are good. Others we know to sound great with our speakers are integrated amps from Prima Luna, Pass Labs and Parasound Halo.

Hope this helps!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • DBouwmeester's Avatar Offline school
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
    • Posts: 3
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
DBouwmeester Posted 2 months 1 day ago
#27172
Thank you for your response and suggestions. This makes the list of options a bit longer.

A hybrid amplifier would also go well?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Moderator's Avatar Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
    • Posts: 2832
    • Thank you received: 3208
    • Karma: 19
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 2 months 22 hours ago
#27174

DBouwmeester wrote: Thank you for your response and suggestions. This makes the list of options a bit longer.

A hybrid amplifier would also go well?


I am not certain what you mean by a hybrid amp. Perhaps you're thinking of an integrated amp that has tubes in the preamp stage and solid state for the power amp stage? Those should work well, too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • DBouwmeester's Avatar Offline school
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
    • Posts: 3
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
DBouwmeester Posted 1 month 5 hours ago
#27278
Sorry for my late response. It is true what you say about a hybrid amplifier. An example is the 'Vincent sp-332', the Vincent brand is known for this technique.

What is your experience with Parasound and which models? The Halo series is very well appreciated. My father has a Parasound power amplifier, model HCA-1000a, and that is a nice amplifier.

In the meantime, I continue to orientate quietly but the list is not getting shorter ... ;-))

Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Moderator's Avatar Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
    • Posts: 2832
    • Thank you received: 3208
    • Karma: 19
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 4 weeks 2 days ago
Last edit: 4 weeks 2 days ago by Moderator. info_outline
#27281

DBouwmeester wrote: Sorry for my late response. It is true what you say about a hybrid amplifier. An example is the 'Vincent sp-332', the Vincent brand is known for this technique.

What is your experience with Parasound and which models? The Halo series is very well appreciated. My father has a Parasound power amplifier, model HCA-1000a, and that is a nice amplifier.

In the meantime, I continue to orientate quietly but the list is not getting shorter ... ;-))

Thank you!


Our experiences with Parasound Halo amplifiers have all been been excellent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice which amplifier for the Golden Ear Triton 2?