lightbulb Help with MPX & 650s setup for two rows

• telliott's Avatar Offline school
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
    • Thank you received: 3
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
telliott Posted 2 weeks 4 hours ago
Last edit: 2 weeks 3 hours ago by telliott. info_outline
Thanks Moderator Dude, good advice on the subs and looking at using second row as rear surrounds. My receiver allows for a single rear surround configuration, that was the speaker in the back. Does this new diagram capture what you were suggesting?

drive.google.com/file/d/1avvrv-zW_Jb-1EA...sJj/view?usp=sharing

Any concerns if I did go ahead and used the 4 MPXs to drive same L/R surround signals for each row? I wasn't sure if the fact they fire in 2 directions would result in any issues for that particular configuration.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3208
Moderator Posted 1 week 6 days ago
Yes, the updated drawing does look like what I had in mind (of course, the exact sub placement might need tweaking).

What would your processor feed to the lone rear center speaker? Perhaps you can set it up for the side and back surrounds as I suggested before and add the lone rear center per whatever your processor would feed them. Not sure I can offer any help as I have not seen a setup using a lone rear center.

The "splayed" drivers in the MPX make them a top choice for side & rear surround with great coverage and should work OK if your amp can drive low impedances well. I don't see why you want to double them up, though, when you can take advantage of the separate side & rear surround channels.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, telliott

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
telliott Posted 1 week 6 days ago
Thanks for all your advice Moderator Dude. What do you think of HTR 7000s in the ceiling along back wall as rear channels rather than than the second set of MPXs? Not sure if it would an issue given the rear Atmos nearby. Updated diagram below:

drive.google.com/file/d/1vdDSP-VMwJfx-m6...u4f/view?usp=sharing

Moderator Posted 1 week 5 days ago
Time to remember trig class and right triangle calculations (or search for a right triangle calculator online)... the HTR-7000 driver & tweeter are mounted at a 30 degree angle so to see if they'll work well calculate from your mounting position if the speakers will direct to your main listening position.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, telliott

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
telliott Posted 1 week 5 days ago
Not sure I was able to knock off all the dust as my calculation only gives 3.5' which is less than I expected. Assuming I didn't make a mistake looks like it might work but depends what the speaker dispersion looks like. what can I assume there? Moving it forward away from the wall isn't likely much of an option with the back row.

(BTW - Can't seem to upload files, some error about not able to make a directory)

drive.google.com/file/d/1_sjLVhW2_L1sd-i...2TX/view?usp=sharing

As another alternative, could an SP 652 be installed into that short back wall using its stereo connections for 2 channels of rear surround? Or must they be installed in a ceiling only?

thanks for your help!

Moderator Posted 1 week 4 days ago
It does not seem like the HTR-7000 will be ideal. The Invisa 650 would work, as would your idea of the SP652 . Both the 650 and 652 are fine mounted in wall or in ceiling.

We have had ongoing issues with members trying to upload files and getting errors. I'll report this one, too. For now, though, it worked as a hyperlink for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: telliott

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Help with MPX & 650s setup for two rows