• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 7020
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 2 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: mo info_outline
Yeah, I KNOW!!!!!!
I don't know what to call that music either, I guess that is why they call it a Goat Rodeo.
I don't think they know what to call it either.
IF all BR concerts sounded (and looked) as good as this one, I would be MO POOR and have a collection as big as Bro Anthem's!!!!
All the best,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
OK Bro Rick, I am finally listening to your recommendation:
Mumford and Sons
Live from South Africa
Dust and Thunder
And you were totally right to recommend this puppy, WONDERFUL!!!!
I can't yet decide whether I like the DTS HD 5.1 track or the Dolby True HD 7.1?
Did you have a preference?
Normally I prefer DTS and I think I do here too. My pre-pro plays all 7 even with 5.1 and it sounds AWESOME!!!!
This music is so very enjoyable!!!!
Thank you sir to recommend it,
God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 3874
rjohn79395 Posted 2 years 4 months ago

WayneWilmeth wrote: Mumford and Sons
Live from South Africa
Dust and Thunder

I can't yet decide whether I like the DTS HD 5.1 track or the Dolby True HD 7.1?
Did you have a preference?
Normally I prefer DTS and I think I do here too. My pre-pro plays all 7 even with 5.1 and it sounds AWESOME!!!!
This music is so very enjoyable!!!!

Hey, Wayne

We had a line of severe thunderstorms roll through TX this AM, so had electronic gadgets, toys, HT, etc. unplugged for hours. Just getting back on line.

I'm glad you're enjoying this BR! The sound track is amazing, the dynamics, the BASS!!, the music....!!!!!

Re the format I watched this in, this is one of the first music BR's to have native Atmos encoding as an option, so I played it in Atmos. The other Mumford and Sons BR, "The Road to Red Rocks", has DTS HD or Dolby Digital as the two options, and on that one I played it in DTS HD +Neural, so all DTS. Between Dolby True HD and DTS HD, for lots of BR's, I like the DTS SQ a tad better, just a little more detail. But they're close enough that I usually try both formats before choosing either for any particular BR.

That's neat that your pre/pro "upmixes" 5.1 to 7.1!!! Let's those T3's join the fun! :cheer:

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2, HTR 7000 top fronts, Invisa 525 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 7010
Amps: AT525NC 5 channel, Parasound 275 v.2 stereo
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, SONOS Connect
47" Panasonic 3D smart tv
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I could have posted this over in the snake oil thread because I want to talk about the difference speaker cables can make. But there is no snake oil here, anybody that does not believe this difference can come over to my house, I will demo for them and IF they cannot hear an immediate difference then they are deaf.
I have been having a little frustration of late concerning listening to my wonderful Triton Ones in stereo mode. I just never do that, except I bought a bunch of new CDs and a few blu-ray concerts and wanted to report on them, then rip them to files to listen as I exercise.
But since my T Ones have gotten broken in, and now listening in stereo (only the Ones playing and no help from LFE input) I have found them a little bright, harsh or the highs, brash at times is too strong a word, but less than sweet musical, a touch of glare like digital sounding coming through. And lacking in the bass I want. In surround sound all this is covered or gone, especially the bass part, the LFE kicks in on the Ones, Twos and Threes.
Then this Amazon shipment I got a blu-ray that I just could not enjoy, too edgy. Today I put on Virgil Fox's "Bach Gamut" and it too was not sounding as good as I would like.
I finally decided what I have suspected for some time might be true, the silver shotgun speaker cables I got for my beloved T 2s were just not matching so well with the Ones.
I am still connected to the Vincent Class A (up to a point) monoblocks, hybrid tube/transistor, but I decided to bring my MIT CVT Terminator 2 speaker cables (that were a touch warm for the T 2s) outta the living room system and replace the shotguns in the home theater.
Voila!!!! BUTTER!!!!! The Triton Ones now SING!!!!! And BASS, YEAH BABY!!!! I am finally hearing all the music, and getting what these speakers are really capable of.
I put on a Blu-ray, music only disc I mentioned in another thread, Ola Gjeilo, "Piano Improvisations" and the music was dreamy, creamy, still had the treble detail and zing I love, but now they were ROUND notes, musical and sweet.
I will give the T Ones the highest compliment now: I walked outta the room, got busy, and later went near the open door of the home theater and it sounded just like someone was playing a piano live inside the room!!!! I used to own a K. Kawaii grand piano and I know what it sounds like in the next room. My old Apogee Stages could fool me that way sometimes, but no other speaker since ever has so well as what I heard today!!!!
YAY!!!!! I am thrilled with the Triton Ones now!!!!!
I believe the last piece of the audio puzzle is in place now.
Thrilled!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 3874
rjohn79395 Posted 2 years 4 months ago
Good for you, Wayne!!!

Maybe POS takes a step or two up in your listening preferences???? :cheer:

Let us know whether Bach Gamut gets to sounding better....

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2, HTR 7000 top fronts, Invisa 525 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 7010
Amps: AT525NC 5 channel, Parasound 275 v.2 stereo
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, SONOS Connect
47" Panasonic 3D smart tv
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Bro Rick,
I did not get too far with Bach Gamut, but what I did listen to was VERY interesting. Like I mentioned it showed up a weakness I was already spotting, but also, interesting, I played the first piece in ALL STEREO, which you and Bro Art have suggested. And all around music of this sort seemed a little odd, off, BUT the bass of all three, the Ones, Twos and Threes came through very nicely!!!!
I enjoyed that and obviously have a lot more listening and experimenting to do!!!!
Thanks,
God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Blu-ray concerts and music