file Personal listening, Headphones, in ear monitors, DAPs n amps, possibly portable

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 4160
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 2 years 10 months ago
Late to the party with this reply... got to read this just now. Great job, Wayne! Moderator dude is spot on, we're lucky to have you on this forum!!!!!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2, HTR 7000 top fronts, Invisa 525 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 7010
Amps: AT525NC 5 channel, Parasound 275 v.2 stereo
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i
47" Panasonic 3D smart tv
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 1790
ArthurDaniels Posted 2 years 10 months ago
Hi Wayne,

Very nice and comprehensive review. Job well done.

Best,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 7021
WayneWilmeth Posted 2 years 10 months ago
Thanks Bro Rick and Bro Art, very kind of you guys!!!!

Happy Listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
WayneWilmeth Posted 2 years 9 months ago
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: mo info_outline
Well I dug this old thread up as I FINALLY got my aftermarket ciem cable from PlusSound Audio.
I started the conversation with Christian there mid Oct. 17 I was concerned because my previous attempt to buy a better cable was a failure. I got a pure silver cable from the well regarded Whiplash Audio. It came and I was not impressed with the sound at all, did not improve a thing to my hearing. I sent it back a year ago and paid extra to upgrade it to a gold cable. They made it, it was shipped and customs in Thailand grabbed it as part of a larger shipment they thought was illegal from my freight forwarder.
That was March 17. Fell into a very deep hole I guess.
So I was very careful to specify with PlusSound exactly how to ship to my freight forwarder to send to me in Thailand. Took one month to make this cable, which is a hybrid, gold over copper and silver, cryo treated wire. $500, again.
They mailed it to my forwarder in CA and never heard more about it. Finally found they had not followed my instructions, had sent it to my name at this CA address, NOT the acct. name/address I gave. We searched and they found it, PlusSound never even said they were sorry for the mistake. So it finally got to me last night, I am breaking it in now. It is less than half the size of the cable I was expecting, does look pretty good, but they did not even mark the ear pieces left and right. They had me install it with a locking screw out away from my face, and their logo on the inside where no one can see, not very nice aesthetics, but better than having your face scratched. Not very impressed at $500.
Some of you are thinking I am a fool for spending this much money for little or no gain, and I will not argue with you, yet at least.
BUT so far, there MIGHT be the slightest improvement in the treble range, in "air" that was lacking in the stock cables.
Will report if there is more, and add a pic when I get it done.
God Bless,
Wayne

• Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Here are pics as promised.
I think it is pretty well broken in, time for some serious listening.

God Bless,
Wayne
Attachments:

• Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Good news, bad news.
The good news is that my Eartech Music 6 driver (Hex) custom in ear monitors were just bordering on perfect, the freq response across the board was phenomenal, spot on everywhere, except a little "air" was missing from the topmost treble.
Well, the new cable fixed that, showing that the monitors are really perfect, it was the cheaper (but still VERY good) stock cable was rolling off the highs just a little. Now all can be heard, however, there is still no hiss, no sibilance, it is still all music!!!!
That is the good news.
The bad news is that I pulled out my worst offenders with digital glare files, the ones that played quite nicely with the stock cables, tamed quite a bit. Now, NOT. Now they are back to offensive again. So now the monitors play, with the new aftermarket PlusSound audio cable, every thing that is there in the file, good and bad. No forgiveness with rough music now, I can hear it all.
Which is the definition of "audiophile" I guess. Spot on. But not quite as musical as before for some songs.
Better resolution, sharper definition in the treble, but still never dry or analytical.
I can highly recommend the Eartech Music line and when it becomes available, the 6 driver HEX will be the top of the line, MOST HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!
And Yes, cables do make a difference, albeit, perhaps a small one.
God Bless,
Wayne

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Personal listening, Headphones, in ear monitors, DAPs n amps, possibly portable