file Personal listening, Headphones, in ear monitors, DAPs n amps, possibly portable

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 7020
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 1 year 3 months ago
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by WayneWilmeth. info_outline
The FUN RIDE continues: Hi Res music on my phone?????

Not so fun my BIG A** phone, Galaxy Tab 8.4 is crapping out on me. Charging is all over the place, and just dies in mid stroke whenever it feels like it. Got a new battery, no better. Got a new charger, some said you must use the original charger, no better.
I fear it is a goner. So I got online and googled what is the best big phone?
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus was the answer. OK, but it is ONLY 6.2 inches. Googled which is the best Phablet? S8Plus was the answer.
REALLY, 6.2 inches, is that big enough, they reckoned anything above 5.5 inches was a big phone, a phablet.
I am NOT SURE it is big enough for clumsy old big oilfield finger dude here, but I was tired of my phone I could not even put in a pocket.
I was reading the specs to make sure it played FLAC music files and up to what spec. Up to 32 bit and DSD 64 and 128.
Was I reading right, Hi Res music is now supported on a phone?????
AND this puppy can take a Micro SD card up to 256 GB. Full of music!!!!!
That narrowed done my phone search considerably. OK, that made my decision for me IF it really could play my music files.
IF so, I will not have to take my DAP with me in the car, I can connect my phone by BlueTooth OR AUX OR USB. And have a TON of Hi RES and FLAC music files with me in the car.
So I loaded a full 182 GB of music onto a 200 GB SD card I had and took it to the store today and plugged that card into a Galaxy S8+ phone, plugged in my ciems and played any DSF DFF FLAC I tried, all of them played gloriously wonderful music!!!!
From a phone.
So I bought it.
My wife and daughter are iPhone fans, apple fans, but are JEALOUS!!!! Now they are asking to borrow my phone to take pics, as the cameras are better, everything is better than APPLE.
Of course, I could care less, this baby plays MUSIC!!!!! And lets me check my email, get and send messages, and oh yeah, also lets me make/take a phone call every once in a blue moon. Can watch movies IF I wanted to, it has HDR on a AMOLED screen for pity's sake.
Highly recommended!!!
Happy listening,
God bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 7020
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 1 year 3 months ago
OK, reporting in and on a roll, I can now control my home theater processor and sub with my S8 Plus phone.
AND make phone calls.
Ha ha
Seriously, last night while she who cannot be disturbed was asleep beside me, I had my ciems plugged into the phone and watched a YouTube music video of Larkin Poe.
I was shocked at how great the pic quality and sound quality were!!!
I am not really trying to act superior here, or put down anybody else's phones, just kidding above.
But I do want to share that advances are being made, the world has just gotten better for audio/videophiles.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Personal listening, Headphones, in ear monitors, DAPs n amps, possibly portable