file Streaming or Dreaming? 6 hours to watch a 42 min show

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 734
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
charliehatch Posted 1 year 5 months ago
Wayne, YouTube is free. On my Samsung TV, the apps are already loaded on the TV, but you do have to search for them. You should be able to run the YouTube app without having an account, if I remember right.

Charlie
2.0 System: Passport SSD USB > Auralic Aries G2> USB > DSPeaker Anti-Mode X4 DAC/Pre > Core Power Diamond XLR interconnects > Bel Canto e.One Ref600M monoblocks > Core Power Diamond banana speaker cables > Triton References
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 7020
WayneWilmeth Posted 1 year 5 months ago
I am playing YouTube right now on my computer/internet connection, and it is playing fine. But it is 2:30 in the morning, only my wife is still on with her iPad unless she has fallen asleep in the other room. Most likely nearly everyone in the countryside is asleep, and it is good.
Also, again, I think the site itself, like YouTube is much better at streaming than the free site I am trying to use to stream TV series shows for free.
I believe that is a LOT of the issue, the quality of the site.
Thanks, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 734
charliehatch Posted 1 year 5 months ago

WayneWilmeth wrote: I am playing YouTube right now on my computer/internet connection, and it is playing fine.

Also, again, I think the site itself, like YouTube is much better at streaming than the free site I am trying to use to stream TV series shows for free.
I believe that is a LOT of the issue, the quality of the site.

I agree! A site server can get overwhelmed with traffic. Anything that's "free" is going to be heavily impacted.

One other thing you should check. Make sure your wireless networks are password protected, and not with the default password that came with the router. Your router signal extends well beyond your home, and people have been known to log in to other people's networks to get access to the internet. If someone out there is doing that, they could be downloading movies or even illegal stuff through your network. At the very least, it uses up your bandwidth. At the worst, you could have a knock on the door by law enforcement.

Charlie
2.0 System: Passport SSD USB > Auralic Aries G2> USB > DSPeaker Anti-Mode X4 DAC/Pre > Core Power Diamond XLR interconnects > Bel Canto e.One Ref600M monoblocks > Core Power Diamond banana speaker cables > Triton References
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 7020
WayneWilmeth Posted 1 year 5 months ago
Yep Bro Charlie,
I really believe the MAIN cause of my streaming heart aches are from the sites themselves.
Good point about changing my password, which I have done of course.
Especially good point for American suburbia.
It is a little different here, our closest neighbor is more than a block away and our signal does not even reach upstairs nor our master bedroom a lot of the time, the chickens out in the coop certainly cannot get a signal!!!
But your point is well taken.
AGAIN, I feel that MOST of the push on these emerging technologies are based on the model of the American household, NOT geared towards the main population of the world at large.
So, once again, I hope they will keep making discs and selling them at a reasonable price as long as I am alive and kicking!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Streaming or Dreaming? 6 hours to watch a 42 min show