file Some News From Johnson City Tennessee

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 3874
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 8 months 1 week ago
That's good news all around, Art!

Have fun getting back to golf, and making the move!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2, HTR 7000 top fronts, Invisa 525 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 7010
Amps: AT525NC 5 channel, Parasound 275 v.2 stereo
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, SONOS Connect
47" Panasonic 3D smart tv

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 725
charliehatch Posted 8 months 1 week ago
Wow, Art! That is a terrific looking place! (I looked it up on Zillow, lots of pictures.) I can't believe what you can buy there for that price. I'm in Gardnerville, Nevada, just east of Lake Tahoe. Something like what you're getting would cost $700 k here. Taxes are less than you'd pay here, too. Amazing.

I see several possible listening rooms there, including that loft (?) with the pool table. Should be great fun dialing it all in.

Good luck! I'm jealous.

Charlie
2.0 System: Passport SSD USB > Oppo 105D digital out > Blue Jeans 1694A Digital Coax > DSPeaker Anti-Mode X4 DAC/Pre > Audience Au24 SX RCA interconnects > Bel Canto e.One Ref600M monoblocks > Audience Au24 SX banana speaker cables > Triton References
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 1738
ArthurDaniels Posted 8 months 1 week ago
Hi Rick and Charlie,

Rick, thanks for your reply and best wishes.

Charlie, you spotted that "bonus room" with the pool table. That room is 27 x 15 and, in fact, is exactly where my listening room will be. I do not expect that pool table to still be there when we move in.

I will probably have an audio and separate video setup in the bonus room, plus a setup in the downstairs den and maybe a simple one in the sun room off the den.

The bonus room compares favorably with my current downstairs den where my current system resides. Same width and about 4 feet longer than my present den.

I'll have a good time placing speakers and finding the listening sweet spot.

Happy listening,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, charliehatch

• Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
ArthurDaniels Posted 6 months 4 weeks ago
Update from the soon-to-be-relocated old folks in Johnson City:

We are now fully engaged in the so-called "downsizing" process prior to the move to Raleigh. I have packed up all of my CDs, DVDs, etc. Now, we are tackling the problem of sorting through our many books - giving a number away to our local VA center and the religious books to our church, while packing what we intend to keep. I have over 25 packed boxes in the garage and adding more each day.

What a job!!!!

It appears that we will not be ready to move until late February, or more likely sometime in March. We have selected a realtor after interviewing several. We will not list the house until shortly before we are ready to move - or when we have it de-cluttered enough to show effectively to prospective buyers.

Along the way, I am continuing to listen to great music with my Triton Ones and Sevens. I have decided that I will move my audio gear myself - hopefully at the last possible moment before "The Move".

I am still enjoying my latest audio experiment - driving my Triton Ones' LFE inputs with a direct line level signal originating from the fixed line-level output on my Cambridge 851A Stereo Amp and passing through my Chase Line-Level Controller. I use this option only when listening at low volume - otherwise it is pure Triton One/Seven sound without any corrections.

I'm looking forward to experimenting with my audio gear in my new Raleigh "Man-Loft".

Happy Listening to All,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, charliehatch

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 725
charliehatch Posted 6 months 4 weeks ago
Now if you can just get a prospective buyers who's also an audiophile...SOLD!
2.0 System: Passport SSD USB > Oppo 105D digital out > Blue Jeans 1694A Digital Coax > DSPeaker Anti-Mode X4 DAC/Pre > Audience Au24 SX RCA interconnects > Bel Canto e.One Ref600M monoblocks > Audience Au24 SX banana speaker cables > Triton References

• Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
ArthurDaniels Posted 6 months 4 weeks ago
Yes, Charlie, that would help sell the house since my downstairs den is pre-wired for up to 11.2 sound.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Some News From Johnson City Tennessee