file Some News From Johnson City Tennessee

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 4170
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 1 year 11 months ago
That's good news all around, Art!

Have fun getting back to golf, and making the move!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2, HTR 7000 top fronts, Invisa 525 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 7010
Amps: AT525NC 5 channel, Parasound 275 v.2 stereo
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i
47" Panasonic 3D smart tv

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 832
charliehatch Posted 1 year 11 months ago
Wow, Art! That is a terrific looking place! (I looked it up on Zillow, lots of pictures.) I can't believe what you can buy there for that price. I'm in Gardnerville, Nevada, just east of Lake Tahoe. Something like what you're getting would cost $700 k here. Taxes are less than you'd pay here, too. Amazing.

I see several possible listening rooms there, including that loft (?) with the pool table. Should be great fun dialing it all in.

Good luck! I'm jealous.

Charlie
PS Audio P20 feeds all components of 2.0 System: Auralic Aries G2> USB > DSPeaker Anti-Mode X4 DAC/Pre > Core Power Diamond XLR interconnects > Bel Canto e.One Ref600M monoblocks > Core Power Diamond banana speaker cables > Triton References > IsoAcoustics Gaia II isolators
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 1796
ArthurDaniels Posted 1 year 11 months ago
Hi Rick and Charlie,

Rick, thanks for your reply and best wishes.

Charlie, you spotted that "bonus room" with the pool table. That room is 27 x 15 and, in fact, is exactly where my listening room will be. I do not expect that pool table to still be there when we move in.

I will probably have an audio and separate video setup in the bonus room, plus a setup in the downstairs den and maybe a simple one in the sun room off the den.

The bonus room compares favorably with my current downstairs den where my current system resides. Same width and about 4 feet longer than my present den.

I'll have a good time placing speakers and finding the listening sweet spot.

Happy listening,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, charliehatch

• Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
ArthurDaniels Posted 1 year 10 months ago
Update from the soon-to-be-relocated old folks in Johnson City:

We are now fully engaged in the so-called "downsizing" process prior to the move to Raleigh. I have packed up all of my CDs, DVDs, etc. Now, we are tackling the problem of sorting through our many books - giving a number away to our local VA center and the religious books to our church, while packing what we intend to keep. I have over 25 packed boxes in the garage and adding more each day.

What a job!!!!

It appears that we will not be ready to move until late February, or more likely sometime in March. We have selected a realtor after interviewing several. We will not list the house until shortly before we are ready to move - or when we have it de-cluttered enough to show effectively to prospective buyers.

Along the way, I am continuing to listen to great music with my Triton Ones and Sevens. I have decided that I will move my audio gear myself - hopefully at the last possible moment before "The Move".

I am still enjoying my latest audio experiment - driving my Triton Ones' LFE inputs with a direct line level signal originating from the fixed line-level output on my Cambridge 851A Stereo Amp and passing through my Chase Line-Level Controller. I use this option only when listening at low volume - otherwise it is pure Triton One/Seven sound without any corrections.

I'm looking forward to experimenting with my audio gear in my new Raleigh "Man-Loft".

Happy Listening to All,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, charliehatch

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 832
charliehatch Posted 1 year 10 months ago
Now if you can just get a prospective buyers who's also an audiophile...SOLD!
PS Audio P20 feeds all components of 2.0 System: Auralic Aries G2> USB > DSPeaker Anti-Mode X4 DAC/Pre > Core Power Diamond XLR interconnects > Bel Canto e.One Ref600M monoblocks > Core Power Diamond banana speaker cables > Triton References > IsoAcoustics Gaia II isolators

• Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
ArthurDaniels Posted 1 year 10 months ago
Yes, Charlie, that would help sell the house since my downstairs den is pre-wired for up to 11.2 sound.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Some News From Johnson City Tennessee