file Some News From Johnson City Tennessee

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 1757
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
ArthurDaniels Posted 8 months 2 days ago
Greetings from Raleigh,

We are in Raleigh this weekend, accompanied by my Triton Ones. Earlier in this thread, I have commented upon the surprisingly improved sound I am experiencing in the Bonus Room in Raleigh. Upon arrival, I moved my Ones into the corner spots previously occupied by my Sevens. When I fired the Ones up, I was astounded by the sound.

The first thing I adjusted was to dial the bass controls on the Ones back to the Noon position. I could not believe the difference in bass response in this new setting. I have been listening for several hours over the last two days. I'm hearing my Ones in a much more musical-friendly setting. Every aspect of the sound is better than in my slab-level room in Johnson City.

I am really looking forward to re-discovering my music in my new Raleigh digs.

We arrived in Raleigh on Wednesday night. Our house in Johnson City is not formally listed in MLS. We have picked a realtor and planned to list the house on May 1. On Wednesday morning, before we left Johnson City for Raleigh, our realtor called and asked if the house could be shown on Thursday (yesterday). We agreed to the showing, even though there were packing boxes scattered about the house.

The showing resulted in an immediate offer to purchase at an acceptable price and we accepted the offer. Subject to the usual due diligence items of inspection and appraisal, we will close the sale on May 31. So, we are now selecting a mover and plan to move during the week of May 20 through 26.

My. how things can change in 24 hours!

I am looking forward to many hours of listening and fine tuning in my Raleigh Bonus Room.

Happy listening,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, rjohn79395, charliehatch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 735
charliehatch Posted 8 months 1 day ago
Art, congratulations on the quick sale. That must be a relief.

Where was the T1 bass control set before the move?

Charlie
2.0 System: Passport SSD USB > Auralic Aries G2> USB > DSPeaker Anti-Mode X4 DAC/Pre > Core Power Diamond XLR interconnects > Bel Canto e.One Ref600M monoblocks > Core Power Diamond banana speaker cables > Triton References
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
ArthurDaniels Posted 8 months 1 day ago
About 2:00 PM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: charliehatch

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 735
charliehatch Posted 8 months 1 day ago
Quite a difference! I know my bass varies a lot as I move around in my room, and your new room shape must make things interesting.

Charlie
2.0 System: Passport SSD USB > Auralic Aries G2> USB > DSPeaker Anti-Mode X4 DAC/Pre > Core Power Diamond XLR interconnects > Bel Canto e.One Ref600M monoblocks > Core Power Diamond banana speaker cables > Triton References
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 3926
rjohn79395 Posted 8 months 21 hours ago
Hey, Art

I'm glad you're getting to settle in to your new "digs", and that the new music listening room is more acoustically friendly!!!

It seems you had some real bass null issues before that contributed to your need to search for better bass. Enjoy the new music room and your T1's in their new home also!!!!!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2, HTR 7000 top fronts, Invisa 525 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 7010
Amps: AT525NC 5 channel, Parasound 275 v.2 stereo
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i
47" Panasonic 3D smart tv

• Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
ArthurDaniels Posted 8 months 10 hours ago
Hi Rick and Charlie,

Yes, I did not realize how much difference a room shape and other construction details could make in bass response. The wide speaker separation appears to be quite acceptable - probably because I am the only serious listener and thus need only one PLP.

Today, I added the Sevens into the mix, placing them midway between the Ones and the room center and setting them up to be independently controlled from a separate amplifier. To my surprise, they neither added nor subtracted from the overall sound, when balanced with the Ones. Next, I'll try placing the Sevens on the walls opposite to the Ones and essentially in line with my PLP. I don't really expect this placement to add to the sound quality, but we'll see..

This experiment will await our return to Raleigh in two weeks. Much to do now in both places as we approach the move and the sale of our Johnson City property.

I'll report results as they develop.

Happy Listening,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, charliehatch

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Some News From Johnson City Tennessee