file Some News From Johnson City Tennessee

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 1738
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
ArthurDaniels Posted 3 months 2 weeks ago
Last edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by ArthurDaniels. info_outline
We are in Raleigh this weekend, so I am listening to my new setup in my Raleigh Bonus Room. My Triton Ones provide all the bass I need for listening at normal room volume levels. So, I have decided to use my two subs to augment the bass when listening at low volume levels (preferred by Sheryl when we are enjoying morning coffee). To accomplish this change, I have added my Chase Line Level Controller into the mix. I have connected the Chase unit input to the Record Out output from my Cambridge 851A Stereo Amp. The Left Output from the Chase unit is connected to the Klipsch Sub and the Right Output from the Chase is connected to the Paradigm Sub.

With this setup, I can use the Chase unit to control the amount of bass sound added by the subs - which allows me to use the subs to augment the bass when listening at low overall volume levels. If I so desire, I can turn the subs off when listening at normal room volume levels so that the musical Triton Ones bass sections can provide the bass.

Listening to the Copland Organ Concerto at Room Volume as I type and the outboard subs are turned off.

Now, I am really looking forward to May 24 when we will be moved in to 8809 Brookstone Ct. and I am reunited with my wonderful GE gear.

Happy Listening to All,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, charliehatch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
ArthurDaniels Posted 3 months 4 days ago
Update from Art and Sheryl,

Moving week is here!

Yesterday, the moving crew arrived and spent the day packing the items we have not already moved to Raleigh ourselves. Today, the crew returns to complete the packing. Also coming this morning will be the 53 foot van and loading will begin. If events progress as anticipated, loading will be complete sometime tomorrow (Wednesday May 22), the van will depart and so will we.

We will travel to Raleigh and await the van's arrival Thursday mid-day. Unloading will be complete by EOD Friday May 24. I can hear my GE speakers calling to me from Raleigh to have a cup of Joe and listen to some beautiful music with my beautiful bride.

After the move is completed, we will be returning to Johnson City one more time mid-next week to prepare the house for sale and to attend the closing on May 31.

It has been a long process and we are glad that we can see the end approaching.

Happy listening to all,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, charliehatch

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 3880
rjohn79395 Posted 3 months 4 days ago
You're on the home stretch, Art!

Happy listening indeed!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2, HTR 7000 top fronts, Invisa 525 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 7010
Amps: AT525NC 5 channel, Parasound 275 v.2 stereo
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, SONOS Connect
47" Panasonic 3D smart tv
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 725
charliehatch Posted 3 months 4 days ago
Good news, Art! It will soon be over...
2.0 System: Passport SSD USB > Oppo 105D digital out > Blue Jeans 1694A Digital Coax > DSPeaker Anti-Mode X4 DAC/Pre > Audience Au24 SX RCA interconnects > Bel Canto e.One Ref600M monoblocks > Audience Au24 SX banana speaker cables > Triton References
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

• Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
ArthurDaniels Posted 3 months 1 day ago
It is Friday night, we are in Raleigh, the movers have come and gone and I am sitting in my new PLP listening to my GE/Cambridge Audio System. Currently playing is the Linda Ronstadt/Nelson Riddle "Round Midnight" set.

There is reasonable order in my Bonus Room, but chaos elsewhere in our Raleigh abode. Boxes everywhere, nothing where it should be, except the furniture.

It will take us months to straighten everything out, but we have no schedule to keep. Our grandson spent the afternoon with us, we had dinner tonight with our daughter, grandson and our son-in-law and finished then evening playing Bridge with our grandson and his mom as our worthy opponents.

We are very tired, but very pleased to be here. One more trip next week back to Johnson City to pick up my truck and a few items we left there, plus attend to the closing for the sale of our house in Johnson City.

Watched our grandson play baseball last night. He started as pitcher and pitched several good innings before moving to shortstop. He went two for three at bat, drove in a run and scored twice. A good night, even though his team lost by one run.

Happy Listening,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, charliehatch

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 725
charliehatch Posted 3 months 21 hours ago
Congratulations, Art! I'm glad to see you have your priorities right! Music first, all the rest later.

Charlie
2.0 System: Passport SSD USB > Oppo 105D digital out > Blue Jeans 1694A Digital Coax > DSPeaker Anti-Mode X4 DAC/Pre > Audience Au24 SX RCA interconnects > Bel Canto e.One Ref600M monoblocks > Audience Au24 SX banana speaker cables > Triton References

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Some News From Johnson City Tennessee