question-circle Question for Other GE Forum Members Who Own Cambridge Audio Gear

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 1781
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
ArthurDaniels Posted 1 week 4 days ago
Last edit: 1 week 4 days ago by ArthurDaniels. Reason: spelling info_outline
Hi Gang,

Here is an update regarding my unfortunate situation with my Cambridge 851A Amplifier. The problem remains and frequently occurs when I turn the unit on each morning. So far, I can correct the situation by applying signal to the right channel only, using a test signal. Generally, the issue stays corrected throughout my listening session, but occasionally the amp reverts to the problem state. When that happens, I apply the corrective action again.

I have now talked to Audio Advice in Raleigh. Audio Advice is a high-end audio dealer who sells this Cambridge unit. They were interested and concerned to learn about my three unit failures. However, they do not have any local repair options.

I am unwilling to entrust this issue to any repair facility, unless I can work with them directly to demonstrate the problem. In my opinion, Cambridge's factory-authorized facility in New Jersey would be unlikely to correctly diagnose the problem on their own and I am certainly not willing to make a road trip from Raleigh to New Jersey to make sure they recognize the problem.

So, I will continue to live with the problem and apply my corrective actions so long as they are successful. It is a most unfortunate situation - both tor me and for Cambridge's reputation.

Happy Listening to All,,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Problems and Solutions Question for Other GE Forum Members Who Own Cambridge Audio Gear