file Best subwoofer to pair with Triton Ones for Home Theater?

• flavor12's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
flavor12 Posted 1 year 4 weeks ago
I've been happy using my tritons as my primary subwoofers for my home theater. However, I'd like to add some additional subs in while still keeping the subs on the triton's active. To do this, would a sealed sub or a ported sub be a better match? Anyone know if the subs on the triton ones sealed or ported?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kamate's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
Kamate Posted 2 months 2 weeks ago
The Tritons would likely be considered ported by most, due the passive radiators allow for more driver excursion.

I had the same conundrum about a year ago. I wanted something above all else that was tight, quick and accurate, but added more true low end.

I ended up going with a servo sub from Rythmik which was awesome. I bought the Rythmik FV18 with the optional paper cone.
It brings a whole new level of tactile response to my room as well as plumbs the depth. However best of all it stops on an absolute dime, and isn’t boomy in the slightest.

Good luck on your research and decision.

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 629
Pbgalvin Posted 1 week 4 days ago
I've just pulled the trigger on an FV18 paper to go with my GeT References in my HT. Seems like you love your setup - hoping it does the same in mind!
2 channel -> GeT Ones, BAT VK-31 Pre, Custom Bellisimo Amp fed by Oppo 105D, mac mini w/ ripped CD library, Rega RP8 + Moon 310LP N
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains, SCXXL, SuperSurround 50s, 1 X Power Sound Audio XV15se, fed by Oppo BDP-205 + mac mini

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System Best subwoofer to pair with Triton Ones for Home Theater?