file SVS Cylinder subs okay behind Triton 7s?

• wesg92's Avatar Offline school
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
    • Thank you received: 34
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
wesg92 Posted 5 years 2 weeks ago
Hello,

I'm working on putting together a new home theater with the Triton 7 towers. I'm considering dual SVS PC-2000 Cylinder subs. If I went with these, they would almost definitely be placed behind the front towers. I'll have corner bass traps in the front, then the sub director in front of the traps, and the Triton 7s direction in front of the subs.

Does anyone see any issues with this setup? SVS reps didn't think it would be a problem.

Thanks,
Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 4367
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 5 years 2 weeks ago
Wesg92,

If you go that route, please let us know how it sounds. I have considered a PC-12plus or PC-13 to add a bit more punch below 30 Hz but I had such a difficult time integrating my Paradigm ported sub that it made me wonder if adding another ported sub would have a negative effect. I'm pretty happy with the bass I am getting from the T1s but there is always that desire for more extension and better dispersion. Right now, all my bass is up front.

My Dad has a single PC sub from SVS and is very pleased with the sound and he is very selective. It is quite musical for a ported design. SVSound makes some great subwoofers.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers SVS Cylinder subs okay behind Triton 7s?