question-circle Triton 1 r and Refernce questions

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 718
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
charliehatch Posted 3 weeks 5 days ago

Mikey272 wrote: Hello friends, I have a few more questions .

1-Do any of you fine folks who own goldenear speakers have them plugged into a power conditioner and not the wall socket? Is this a big no no? What percentage of quality do you think you would lose buy not plugging direct to wall.

2- My Chang lighspeed power bar has 4 dedicated digital outlets and 4 analogue, Do I want to plug them into the digital or the analogue.? Please advise.

3- What's the shortest length power chords you can use for the triton references?

Thank you so much for your time. Have a nice day.

Hi Mikey!

1. I have all my equipment (including the TV) plugged into a PS Audio P20 Power Plant (regenerator) that is running off one dedicated 20 A line. The thing has a power meter, and the most I've ever seen while playing floor-shaking bass through the TRefs was just under 500 W. That's in my room with my 300W Class D monoblocks.

2. You want to make sure that any conditioner you plug those speakers into can deliver the current needs of those speaker amps. I would choose the analog side, but it may not matter. Hopefully there is a high current option.

3. I can see no problem with power cords being too short, but I did hear an improvement using 20 A aftermarket power cords. Less DC resistance, I think. The cords I have are 14/3. Got them from Amazon, and I'm running 12 ft cords off my regenerator.

Charlie
2.0 System: Passport SSD USB > Oppo 105D digital out > Blue Jeans 1694A Digital Coax > DSPeaker Anti-Mode X4 DAC/Pre > Audience Au24 SX RCA interconnects > Bel Canto e.One Ref600M monoblocks > Audience Au24 SX banana speaker cables > Triton References
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, Mikey272

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mikey272's Avatar Offline school
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
    • Thank you received: 2
Mikey272 Posted 2 weeks 1 day ago
Greetings friends, I'm very curious to know how far you place your tritron 1 r's from the back wall? Are these speakers known to play best as close to the back wall as possible? Can they play well 5 feet out from the back wall? Thank you for reading.

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 718
charliehatch Posted 2 weeks 21 hours ago
Mikey,

My TRefs are a little under 4 ft from the front wall and about 3 ft from the side walls, measured to the center of the driver plane. That said, everybody's room is different, and your optimum position will probably be different from mine. All I can suggest is that you experiment and see what sounds best for you.

You can adjust the gain of the sub amplifiers in the speakers to compensate for distance from the walls. I found my system to be quite sensitive to small adjustments in that gain.

It took me months of experimenting before I ended up where I am now, and I'm getting the urge to move them again just to see what happens. :)

Charlie
2.0 System: Passport SSD USB > Oppo 105D digital out > Blue Jeans 1694A Digital Coax > DSPeaker Anti-Mode X4 DAC/Pre > Audience Au24 SX RCA interconnects > Bel Canto e.One Ref600M monoblocks > Audience Au24 SX banana speaker cables > Triton References
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton 1 r and Refernce questions