file GE Triton One.R potential problem

• fred1942's Avatar Offline school
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
    • Thank you received: 53
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
fred1942 Posted 3 months 3 weeks ago
That’s what I did. Ran Audyessy, it set Tritons to small so I went into manual, set the fronts to large, changed the crossovers. However, it only gives me two options to set the rear surrounds . Either small or none. I can set the side surrounds to small or large, but not the rears. Strange and frustrating.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 3920
rjohn79395 Posted 3 months 3 weeks ago
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

fred1942 wrote: That’s what I did. Ran Audyessy, it set Tritons to small so I went into manual, set the fronts to large, changed the crossovers. However, it only gives me two options to set the rear surrounds . Either small or none. I can set the side surrounds to small or large, but not the rears. Strange and frustrating.

That's a bummer!!

My own receiver set ups have always been with 5.x.x speakers so never ran into that.

I believe sound mixers tend to roll off bass some to rear surround channels, but I don't know why a receiver manufacturer would not offer a large setting as an option "in case" there's deep bass content in those channels. Might be worth a call to Marantz technical support to see if there's a workaround. That would be the ideal solution.

In the meantime, I guess I'd try LFE connected, lowest possible crossover, 40 HZ, for your Triton rear surrounds and get as much bass contribution as you can with them and also contributing as subs. Not sure how that would sound vs full range, but worth a trial I think.

Moderator Dude may not like my suggestion and have some more clever approaches. :unsure:

I also wondered what the effect would be of switching the speaker outs on the amps so the Triton rear surrounds got the full range surround channel content and the SS50 surrounds, limited to small, got the rear surround content???? Would solve the large vs small issue, however not at all sure how much it would muddy the sense of direction in the sound field. :(

Good luck!
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2, HTR 7000 top fronts, Invisa 525 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 7010
Amps: AT525NC 5 channel, Parasound 275 v.2 stereo
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, SONOS Connect
47" Panasonic 3D smart tv
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3208
Moderator Posted 3 months 3 weeks ago
Well, historically Audyssey has had its issues but it does seem to have improved quite a bit.

If you have an iPad or iPhone, you can purchase the Audyssey MultiEQ Editor app from the Apple app store to run the setup from your i-device and see what you think. The app is more thorough in its job and capabilities than just the basic setup.You can modify its results, too. I'm not sure if it runs pre/pros or AVRs with all Audyssey generations, but the 8802A should be no problem at all. I've run it on a Marantz 8805 and also a Denon AVR-X4300H with everything working just fine. I do believe the app works on Denon and Marantz products only. Anyway...

I'd start with a factory reset just to be certain you're at "Ground Zero" for setup and then tell your processor what speaker channels you have connected. Then run Audyssey through the app and see what you think, and tweak as necessary, also through the app. If you like things after this, then great - kick back and enjoy. If not, then another factory reset and setup manually to your taste.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 3920
rjohn79395 Posted 3 months 3 weeks ago
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Thanks Moderator Dude!

I just downloaded that multiEQ Editor app to my iPhone.

The features available resemble more the variables you can play with for instance with Anthem’s ARC, a highly regarded room correction process.

I’ll give it a try. :)

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2, HTR 7000 top fronts, Invisa 525 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 7010
Amps: AT525NC 5 channel, Parasound 275 v.2 stereo
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, SONOS Connect
47" Panasonic 3D smart tv
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

• fred1942's Avatar Offline school
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
    • Thank you received: 53
fred1942 Posted 3 months 3 weeks ago
The Marantz 8802a is not on the list so app will not work with it according to Marantz.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3208
Moderator Posted 3 months 3 weeks ago
I checked with Sound United and they did confirm that the 8802A is NOT compatible with the app, sorry to say. I do not have a clear answer if the 8802A Audyssey or 8805 Audyssey is considered better. I know the 8802A came with a calibrated mic and the 8805 does not. But the 8805 can use the app and the 8802A cannot.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers GE Triton One.R potential problem