• spearfish25's Avatar Offline school
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
    • Thank you received: 9
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
spearfish25 Posted 11 months 1 week ago
Last edit: 11 months 1 week ago by spearfish25. info_outline
Hey Everyone,

I've been using REW to evaluate my room and Triton One speakers. I've noticed my bass response from 20-100Hz is pretty sloppy given my poor room configuration. I purchased a miniDSP 2x4HD and I'm wondering how best to use it to EQ the lower frequencies and smooth out some of the issues.

I'm using a Marantz AV7705 with Emotiva XPA-7. Currently I have the AV7705 setup with the Tritons as Large so they are receiving full range signal and then my LFE outputs connected to each LFE port on the respective Triton.

To be able to EQ the sub-100Hz frequencies, I'm trying to figure out the correct arrangement. I'm thinking I need to change the AV7705 settings to make the Tritons 'small' and set a 100Hz crossover. My thought is this should send the lower range to the LFE output which will still end up being played through the Triton subs, albeit via a different pathway. The RCA subwoofer outputs could then be passed through the miniDSP and EQ'd with the output going into each Triton's LFE connection.

Does this sound correct? Is there any difference in a Triton One getting a full range signal via the speaker terminals versus a crossed over signal with the <100Hz signal coming in through the LFE connection?

Any thoughts and advice would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3326
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 11 months 4 days ago

spearfish25 wrote: Hey Everyone,

I've been using REW to evaluate my room and Triton One speakers. I've noticed my bass response from 20-100Hz is pretty sloppy given my poor room configuration. I purchased a miniDSP 2x4HD and I'm wondering how best to use it to EQ the lower frequencies and smooth out some of the issues.

I'm using a Marantz AV7705 with Emotiva XPA-7. Currently I have the AV7705 setup with the Tritons as Large so they are receiving full range signal and then my LFE outputs connected to each LFE port on the respective Triton.

To be able to EQ the sub-100Hz frequencies, I'm trying to figure out the correct arrangement. I'm thinking I need to change the AV7705 settings to make the Tritons 'small' and set a 100Hz crossover. My thought is this should send the lower range to the LFE output which will still end up being played through the Triton subs, albeit via a different pathway. The RCA subwoofer outputs could then be passed through the miniDSP and EQ'd with the output going into each Triton's LFE connection.

Does this sound correct? Is there any difference in a Triton One getting a full range signal via the speaker terminals versus a crossed over signal with the <100Hz signal coming in through the LFE connection?

Any thoughts and advice would be much appreciated.

Perhaps you can try EQ through the miniDSP box on the LFE input and your AV7705's Audyssey on the speaker level input, keeping the speakers set to large. We have no experience with the miniDSP, so throwing darts here. If that does not work, try other combos while keeping the speakers set to large. Go to small only if needed to get them to work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton One with miniDSP 2x4HD