file Triton power across different countries

• Steveo's Avatar Offline school
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
    • Thank you received: 295
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Steveo Posted 10 months 6 days ago
Hi all

I noticed this in the goldenear manual. It appears the triton speakers worldwide come in two variants dependant on countries power supplies. A high voltage and low voltage version.

Power Requirements/
Consumption:
Low Voltage Version - 120 V at 60Hz / 1800 Watts
High Voltage Version - 240 V at 50Hz / 1800 Watts

Just confirming something here. If there is a triton speaker in China that is going off 220v and I play the speaker in Australia off 230v I assume there would be no issues?

I realise if a speaker was from the US at 110v to Australia might be different but I assume if its the high voltage model it fine across tow high voltage countries?

This isn't a warranty question as I realise that wouldn't be covered but more a question that if you use a speaker from another different high voltage country that it would be ok. Please advise.
Triton Ref Pair, Supercenter Ref, SS 3's surr
Digital-Nimitra Server>USPCB>Iso Regen>TX Ultra>chord mscaler>chord dave>deqx hdp5
Analog-Technics sp10mk2, Ortofon Quintet Black , Michell Tecnoarm, PS Audio Nuwave Phono
Bel Canto REF600m L & R, Emotiva Xpa 5 Gen 2 for Center and rears
PS Audio P10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3333
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 10 months 6 days ago

Steveo wrote: Hi all

I noticed this in the goldenear manual. It appears the triton speakers worldwide come in two variants dependant on countries power supplies. A high voltage and low voltage version.

Power Requirements/
Consumption:
Low Voltage Version - 120 V at 60Hz / 1800 Watts
High Voltage Version - 240 V at 50Hz / 1800 Watts

Just confirming something here. If there is a triton speaker in China that is going off 220v and I play the speaker in Australia off 230v I assume there would be no issues?

I realise if a speaker was from the US at 110v to Australia might be different but I assume if its the high voltage model it fine across tow high voltage countries?

This isn't a warranty question as I realise that wouldn't be covered but more a question that if you use a speaker from another different high voltage country that it would be ok. Please advise.

The range of voltage the speakers' amps can accept is fine, so 220v - 240v is ok for our 240v amps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steveo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton power across different countries