• Steveo's Avatar Offline school
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
    • Thank you received: 295
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Steveo Posted 5 months 3 weeks ago
Hi I am upgrading from T1 to Tref and I am using deqx products
deqx.com

This is a technical question but I want to know how different the crossover settings are between the two? I have it set up with the T1 specs and I know the T ref has the same driver configuration but wondering how different the crossover sections will be?

WOuld I need to recalibrate the T ref with my dex and home processor do you think?
Triton Ref Pair, Supercenter Ref, SS 3's surr
Digital-Nimitra Server>USPCB>Iso Regen>TX Ultra>chord mscaler>chord dave>deqx hdp5
Analog-Technics sp10mk2, Ortofon Quintet Black , Michell Tecnoarm, PS Audio Nuwave Phono
Bel Canto REF600m L & R, Emotiva Xpa 5 Gen 2 for Center and rears
PS Audio P10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 796
GDHAL Posted 5 months 3 weeks ago

Steveo wrote: Hi I am upgrading from T1 to Tref and I am using deqx products......
.....WOuld I need to recalibrate the T ref with my dex and home processor do you think?

No, I don't think so. Nothing scientific in my response here. All editorial and opinion. I believe the exact crossover specs in any GE speaker product is proprietary. That said, as a former T1 owner who also upgraded to T Ref, my own ears tell me the crossover frequency (and related specs like roll-off, etc.) are similar enough. However, the bass output (energy, etc.) of the T Ref far surpasses that of the T1, so from that perspective you may need/want to recalibrate, especially if overall room interaction is part of the calibration equation. Not sure if my response is helpful or not, but suffice it to say you won't be disappointed in the upgrade B)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html ; halr.x10.mx/AV.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steveo

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Steveo Posted 5 months 3 weeks ago
Yes your response was very helpful. Thank you so much. I have to say It was your fantastic write up on the upgrade from triton one to reference which was one of the reasons I want to take the plunge. Looking forward to getting them.

At the moment with my front end tweaks I am not sure how much further I can go as the sound is incredible and the best I have heard but I am sure it will be a considerable jump.
Digital-Nimitra Server>USPCB>Iso Regen>TX Ultra>chord mscaler>chord dave>deqx hdp5
Analog-Technics sp10mk2, Ortofon Quintet Black , Michell Tecnoarm, PS Audio Nuwave Phono
PS Audio P10
The following user(s) said Thank You: GDHAL

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 796
GDHAL Posted 5 months 3 weeks ago
That deqx hdp5 looks/reads/costs like one extremely capable product in its own right. Just curious, how much of a PITA is it to do a full calibration with it?
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html ; halr.x10.mx/AV.jpg

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Steveo Posted 5 months 2 weeks ago
The deqx is one of the best audio purchases I have ever made and I will never have a high end system again without it.

The technology is amazing and makes a night and day difference. Put it this way I am running triton ones in an apartment. Due to the size the t1s can easily overpower the room even with subs turned all the way down. Not the speakers fault, it's just the room. The deqx fixes this up as it fixes the inherent weakness in any loud speaker which is distortion and factors in the room it's in. It basically configured the speakers to be optimised for your room. That's why I am happy to get the refs as I know the deqx can tame these to my room. The cool thing is you can test the calibrated result vs the old settings you had as it has a bypass mode to see what you have gained.

The calibration process is extremely complicated. However I am yet to do one as deqx offers this complimentary on all units. I plan to get them to do a new calibration when I get the refs and record the process. I wouldn't let that part get in the way though as the service deqx offers is excellent.

For something that does advanced eq, speaker correction , room correction and acts as a preamp or dac (if you want, it can work with other preamps and DACs as well ) it's very versatile.

I use it for music but also have it for my home theatre duty where I can have a lot of high energy low frequencies for movies at the click of a button. Very highly recommended. The intro movie on the website explains it perfectly.
PS Audio P10

• Moderator's Avatar Away
    • Thank you received: 3323
Moderator Posted 5 months 2 weeks ago

Steveo wrote: Hi I am upgrading from T1 to Tref and I am using deqx products
deqx.com

This is a technical question but I want to know how different the crossover settings are between the two? I have it set up with the T1 specs and I know the T ref has the same driver configuration but wondering how different the crossover sections will be?

WOuld I need to recalibrate the T ref with my dex and home processor do you think?

I am sorry to say I don't have any contacts for deqx users so I don't know if a recalibration is necessary. The 3 active woofers in the T-Ref roll off at about 120 Hz, if that's of any help.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Crossover setting between T1 and Ref