file Ac power cord replacement

• DAVED's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
DAVED Posted 6 months 6 days ago
Hi, I was looking to upgrade my Triton 2+ power cords with Audio Quest ones. Will the 2-pole ones work or would I need to buy the 3-pole? If both would work, is there any advantage of one over the other? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3375
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 6 months 6 days ago
Hi DAVED, The original power cord used with the Triton 2+ tower has a standard 2-prong “C17” connection.

Three prong power cords are fully compatible with the Triton 2+ loudspeakers as well. Ultimately, the third prong – or local ground wire is not needed or not used with the Triton 2+ towers, but a three prong power cord will work just fine with these towers. When using a 3-prong power cord, you'll want to look for a “C13” connection.

AudioQuest power cables (that have a three prong "C13" connection) would be a nice upgrade and work quite well with the Triton 2+ towers. AudioQuest power cables use purer copper and noise reduction designs (that filter RF noise from the AC power source). Happy Listening!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Ac power cord replacement