lightbulb Super Sub XXL HUM

• HTNUT1975's Avatar Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
    • Thank you received: 27
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
HTNUT1975 Posted 5 months 2 weeks ago

Moderator wrote: Hmm. All the ones I've seen can easily switch the terminal lugs, looks like someone got carried away with the sealant. Your dealer can order a replacement amp for that sub as a way to deal with the hum problem. Or just grab a pliers and pull off and reverse.

I may try a line conditioner from Bluejeans ( www.amazon.com/Transformer-Eliminator-Bl...-Cable/dp/B00GG1PK5W )or Rolls to see if that alleviates the problem before reopening the beasts. I'm going to first try the Rolls HE18 ( www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/380761-RE...F_HE18_Buzz_Off.html ) because I have two subs, so it'll be significantly cheaper (and I don't use a y connector at the moment, because I have two sub outs on a Denon with SubEq). If that does the trick, I'll be pretty satisfied. I'll report back with the results!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3176
Moderator Posted 5 months 2 weeks ago

HTNUT1975 wrote: Well, whoever was on the assembly line that day was determined I get a quality "sturdy" connection at least. ;-)

Yes, exactly the point, the forces inside the sealed SuperSub XXL are like a jackhammer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HTNUT1975

• HTNUT1975's Avatar Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
    • Thank you received: 27
HTNUT1975 Posted 5 months 1 week ago
Last edit: 5 months 1 week ago by HTNUT1975. info_outline
Ok, I wanted to give a quick update on my "hum" or buzz problem with my two subwoofers. I ended up giving the Rolls HE18 - Buzz Off a try (see www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/380761-RE...&lsft=BI%3A514&smp=Y ). I picked the Rolls over the Blue Jeans option (mentioned in a post, above), because one unit can handle two channels (and I have two subwoofers using two sep channels in my Denon--not Y connected).

Works like a charm! It completely eliminated the hum (which both subs emitted). I'm sure it is cable management problems/electrical problems from the townhouse, given the fact that both subs behaved identically. So, hopefully, if someone else comes across this problem (which is evidently pretty common with a sub, regardless of brand), know that it at least solved my problem with my SSXL's. Got it for only 39 bucks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperSub Series Super Sub XXL HUM